Finished in a lovely Faded Brown, this ES 333 is a great looking guitar. It’s got the sounds of an ES335 without the price tag. The feature of a rear control plate makes getting into the controls easy if ever you needed to, far easier than on a 335. It’s nicely set up and includes a nice hardcase. Here’s how it cmpares to an ES 335.
- The finish is a thin satin finish, versus the ES-335’s thicker full gloss finish.
- The headstock has a silkscreen Gibson logo, versus the ES-335’s inlaid pearloid logo.
- The headstock has no further decorative inlay, versus the ES-335’s “crown” headstock inlay.
- The pickups are Gibson type 490R and 498T, versus the ES-335’s Gibson 57 Classic pickups.
- The back of the body has an access cover for the electronics, versus the solid rear of the ES-335.